What an honor to be nominated for this blog award! I am actually quite ashamed to say that I have never heard of the Liebster blog award before today when I decided to catch up on some missed blog entries by my sweet friend, Ashley, over at Immeasurably More. I was shocked to see that she nominated me for this award because I’ve been so terrible at keeping up with The General Specific lately. I feel so undeserving. Maybe this is the boost I need to get me back in action!
Okay, so from what I gather from Ashley’s post on the Liebster award and numerous Google inquiries, liebster is German for “dearest”, “sweet-heart”, and I even found something that said “boyfriend”. Yay! I’m getting the awesome boyfriend award! Haha..only kidding. I also found a few variations of the rules, but, of course, I will be following along with what Ashley posted.
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator posted for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs that you love (with 200 followers or less) and link them to your post.
5. No tag back. However, please leave me a comment so that I know you are aware that you have been chosen. I think this means that you can’t nominate the person who nominated you.
So here goes #1!
1. I am a huge procrastinator when it comes to school work. In fact, I am procrastinating as I type these words. I am supposed to be writing a 10 page research paper on the impact of divorce on child development, but instead, I am pretending like I’ll do it tomorrow.
2. I cloth diaper my wee one.
3. I have a very difficult time driving without music.
4. I am an INFJ
, which is not a very common personality type, which is cool, right?
5. I am studying to be a marriage and family therapist at Liberty University.
6. I am spending the holidays, and all the other days until May, without my husband. He decided to take an extended vacation to Afghanistan.
7. I love to crochet, and I like to sew…sometimes.
8. I love to cook. I am dedicated to cooking with whole foods only, no processed junk for my baby or husband!
9. I am about to become a first-time aunt! My sister, Stephy, is about 9 months pregnant with baby Annabelle.
10. I have been finding grey hairs on my head. At first I was sad, but then I realized that getting grey hairs only means I’m aging. Then I was sad again.
11. I love yoga…and wine. Can’t forget the wine.
Okay, time for #2: Answer the nominator’s questions.
1. What is your favorite Bible verse? Hm, that is a hard one. I have many favorites. There are a few that just give me goosebumps when I come across them. One of them is 1 Peter 2:9:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his wonderful light (New International Version).
Ooo! Just got goosebumps again!
2. Besides Jesus, what Bible character would you love to meet? I think I would like to meet Sarah, the wife of Abraham. The bible does not talk much about laughter, or have many examples of people laughing out loud, but Sarah did. She laughed when she learned, at the age of 90, she would be having a son sometime in the future (Gen. 18: 12). There is much to say about a person who can laugh at themselves, and I think she’d be one worth getting to know.
3. Why did you decide to start a blog?
Well, I decided to start The General Specific as an aid to my schoolwork. I thought if I blogged about what I was learning in school, I’d be able to retain the knowledge better. I soon realized how excruciatingly boring that idea was, so I went out, bought myself a sewing machine, signed up for some classes, and started blogging about my sewing projects. Then I started crocheting again, so I blogged about that. Then I blogged about my dog. And my embarrassing experiences in Japan
. And my husband. And then it just became this compilation of my sometimes mundane, sometimes exciting life events. I think they call that a “lifestyle” blog. Haha.
4. Where is your dream vacation? Oh, that’s easy. Croatia. And Paris. And Istanbul. And Bali. And the Serengeti. Oh, darn it! Everywhere cool is my dream vacation!
5. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? Can I be difficult and say that I prefer a mixture of the two, like white chocolate covered pretzels, or clementines dipped in dark chocolate and then sprinkled with a bit of sea salt?
6. What would you consider to be a hobby of yours? Definitely crocheting. I have too much of a love/hate relationship (leaning more on the “hate” side lately) with sewing to deem it a hobby of mine. Check back in another month, though.
7. Do you have any pets? Well, as a matter of fact, I do! I have a 4 year old shiba inu named Kitsune. He is my first baby and if I ever met someone who did not think he was handsome, cute, or beautiful, I’d have to question whether or not their eyes were working. See for yourself!
8. What is your favorite genre of music? Okay, so I had to take a look at my iTunes library to see what I had the most of since I’ve never been one to associate myself with a genre and it looks like folk and singer/songwriter win the prize! Followed closely by gospel and holiday. Eeek. I guess I have way too many Christmas songs. Not! Because that couldn’t happen…ever.
9. What book are you currently reading? Recreationally? Mans Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl. Although I have had to put it to the side to read my school texts books, Theories of Personality by Feist & Feist, and Loving Your Child Too Much by Dr.’s Clinton and Sibcy. All great books!
10. What is your favorite Christmas song/tradition? My favorite Christmas song is Oh Holy Night…and a new one is We Have a Savior by Hillsong. Love that tune. Favorite tradition? The one my husband, child, and future children have yet to establish. I know that sounds weird, but I really don’t have an established tradition right now, but I dream about the traditions that I am going to begin with my husband, when he gets back, and kids. Christmas Eve will be spend with Sam’s parents, because that is their tradition. I want to get up early on Christmas morning, make pancakes, read the story of Jesus’ birth, open Christmas presents, and spend the better part of the day in our p.j.’s while the kids try out all their new stuff and Sam and I just sit on the couch with our coffee and take in all that we have and just be thankful. That hopeful scenario is my favorite Christmas tradition.
11. Have you ever been on a missions trip? No! But I would love to go to somewhere. I don’t have a specific place that God is calling me to, like he does some people, but I would love to do something like that in the future.
Moving on to rule #3: Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
1. Since this is a blogging award, what are the reasons you started your blogging adventure?
2. Who/where/what do you want to be one year from now?
3. How do you “get away from it all” and relax when you need to?
4. What is one bad habit you have that affects the people you love?
5. Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what?
6. If you were doing the job you dreamed of doing when you were 17, what job would you be doing?
7. If you could choose one place in the whole world to live for the rest of your life, where would it be?
8. Do you have something in your life that deserves less of your attention? If so, what?
9. What is your favorite line from a song or movie?
10. What book(s) are you reading right now?
11. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Alright, people. Drumroll, please! *announcer voice* And the nominees for the December 6th, 2012 Liebster blog award are:
Alright! I think I covered everything! Thanks, Ashley, for the nomination! If you haven’t already, check out her blog at the link above. She is a fantastic writer and she, unlike me, is dedicated to her blog and updates it everyday! That is a big job!