It’s Friday..HECK YES! Friday means Mexican food, Saturday means Japanese food, and Sunday means frozen pizza and wings! This weekend is going to be awesome – (Shout out to Jamesy, my sister’s British lover..He hates it when people say “awesome” or “amazing”).
Tonight I am making three of the 10,000 things that Sam loves: Stuffed Bell Peppers, Guacamole, and Margaritas. Well, I made the guacamole this morning, but whatever. I have decided to share this very simple and quick recipe for stuffed bell peppers. I started making them at 4:15pm and they were done by 5. Unfortunately, my husband is in love with his job and refuses to leave work at a decent time. So it is now 5:46pm and the peppers are still sitting in the oven on a lovely “warm” setting. It’s okay, because the longer they sit in that oven, the more tender they will be when he finally decides to come home.
You will need:
4 small-ish sweet bell peppers
1 box of Spanish rice (I used Rice-a-roni, you know, the San Fransico treat?)
1lb ground beef
1 can of corn
1/2 can of enchilada sauce, or the whole can if you’re feeling saucy, what they heck!
1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese
salt and pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, then 2 tablspoons
1. Cook your rice and cook your ground beef.
2. Cut tops off of bell peppers and clean them out!Place them in a big pot full of water, bring to a boil and boil for 4 or 5 minutes. Remove them from the water and drain the upside down.
3. For the filling, in fairly large pot or pan, combine rice, beef, corn, enchilada sauce and cilantro. Cook until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
4. Fill the peppers, as much as you can..this filling is delicious…and stick those bad boys in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or until your husband decided to show up for dinner).
5. Top with a little more cheese and the 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Enjoy!
Warning: These are not healthy could possibly contribute to obesity. (Just to make sure I don’t get sued).
Hahahah..Happy Friday, Everyone!